Sunday, November 16, 2008

SARA - WITH BENNETT'S TUMBLEWEED


I was showing a visitor around my studio - he had just purchased one of my Milagro photos.   He saw this photo on my wall -  "I have to have that one."  he said and pointed to a framed copy of - Sara - With Bennett's Tumbleweed"

I suggested I would print one right away if he could you wait.   "Print it."  he said.

I told him there was a story behind this print.   Some time ago my partner, Sue Bennett, decided she wanted to do a photo of a model with a tumbleweed so one day we went out into the desert north of Flagstaff and found the perfect tumble weed.  Sue kept it in her studio for years - never made her photo.  One time I asked her if I could borrow it - she didn't say no,  but more important she never said,  "Yes."   Sue was killed in an automobile accident over 5 years ago - the tumbleweed still  hung in her studio I borrowed it - took it to my studio and made this photo for Sue.  An homage.

And as a note - I attribute much of the success of this photo to my wonderful creative model Sara - 

3 comments:

Karl said...

I can see why he wanted that photo. Your photos are amazing. I love your use of colors in this one to accentuate the sensuality of it.

christian pélier said...

I link you right now dear John !!!

christian pélier said...

Heu... It's alreday done ! Sorry for the confusion...